Crystal Springs Resort presents the New Jersey Wine & Food Festival on March 31st through April 2nd, 2017. The weekend aims to connect food...
With a creative approach to delicious and healthy recipes, and a genuine passion for cooking and good food, celebrity cook and culinary expert Angie Shaghaghi has managed to cultivate a large and loyal following of cooks and foodies.
This Bergen County resident has been featured as a culinary expert and competitor on Rachel Ray's "Hey Can You Cook All Stars", on Food Network's "Chopped" and on other cooking programs. She is committed to bringing the spirit of home cooking to homes across America by creating unique dishes that use bold worldly flavors from spices such as cumin, paprika, and turmeric. Her inspiration for this technique comes from her travels around the world.
Angie is the owner of Creative Cooks, based in Wyckoff, New Jersey, where she makes healthy cooking fun for children! Take it away Angie!
I’m a big kid when it comes to pumpkins! I just love everything about them: looks, colors and of course taste!
I invested many taste-testing hours to bring you this delicious pumpkin recipe!
Make the batter the night before so you can have some for dinner and then breakfast too!
Angie’s Pumpkin French Toast
What you need:
- 1/2 cup of canned PURE pumpkin
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (we used brown, but I have also tried agave…yum!)
- 1 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream (or if you have vanilla coffee mate creamer, even better)
- 1/2 cup milk (preferably whole)
- One loaf whole wheat or white bread
- Cooking spray for pan
- Powdered sugar, whipped cream and syrup for serving!! (or pumpkin ice cream is a delicious idea too)
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix pumpkin, eggs, sugar, spices, and milk/cream in a shallow bowl.
- Dip bread in and coat both side evenly.
- Spray a non- stick pan and heat to medium high temperature.
- Brown toast on both sides, for about 5 minutes, then remove and place on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for an additional 8 minutes or until warm throughout.
- Top with butter, whipped cream, syrup or ice cream
- (or all of the above!)