Whether you’re preparing dinner for your family, lunch for restaurant patrons, or a special desserts for the pastry counter in your market,...
The 2017 grilling season is finally here and New Jersey grilling enthusiasts are fired up! Mybergen.com will be featuring recipes from Weber Grills to hopefully add a new and exciting twist to your spring and summer grilling enjoyment. Now let's get grilling!
Serves:4 // Prep time: 15 minutes | Grilling time: 4 to 6 minutes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound skirt steak, about ½ inch thick, trimmed of excess surface fat, cut crosswise into 6-inch pieces
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup canned refried beans
- 2 tablespoons store-bought tomato salsa
- 4 bolillos or torpedo sandwich rolls, split
- 1 large, ripe Hass avocado, mashed
- 2 ounces queso fresco, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (450° to 500°F).
- Combine the rub ingredients. Brush the skirt steak on both sides with the oil and season evenly with the rub.
- Combine the Mexican crema with the mayonnaise.
- Gently warm the refried beans in a microwave oven for 1 minute at 50 percent power. Stir in the salsa. Cover to keep warm.
- Grill the steak over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to your desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes for medium rare, turning once. During the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, toast the rolls, cut side down, over direct heat. Remove from the grill and let the steaks rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread the rolls on both sides with the crema and mayonnaise mixture. Spread a layer of the beans and salsa mixture on one side of each roll and a layer of mashed avocado on the other side. Cut the steaks across the grain into thin slices, and then divide the steak, queso fresco, jalapeño (if using), and cilantro evenly among the rolls. Serve warm.
Click here for more grilling recipes from Weber.
Buying Grills in Northern New Jersey
Whether grilling a few burgers or putting together a summertime feast for your family and friends, some foods just taste better when they’re made outdoors. From barbecue grills on carts for maximum flexibility, to grills built into wood, stone, tile or even granite islands, Reno’s Appliance in Paterson, New Jersey knows barbecues. They'll explain everything you need to know about Sear-Zones, Rotisseries, Infrared burners, Smoker Burners, Side Burners and more. They also understand that to fully enjoy your outdoor living space, you’ll need more than a barbecue. Reno’s has outdoor refrigeration, outdoor beer dispensers, bartending centers, patio heaters, island access drawers and doors and other accessories to create a comfortable outdoor space for family and friends.
Reno's Appliance Carries All Major Brand Grills
Visit the Outdoor Living Center at Reno’s Appliance, 235 McLean Boulevard, Paterson, New Jersey to see all the major manufacturers in custom barbecue islands in outdoor vignettes to see what they actually look like in a real world setting.
Reno’s Appliance features outdoor cooking grills and appliances from Weber and many other top brands.
This is a mybergen.com Sponsored Content Feature!