Research suggests eating enough fruits and vegetables is linked to a lower risk of many chronic diseases and may help protect against certain...
Whether you’re preparing dinner for your family, lunch for restaurant patrons, or a special desserts for the pastry counter in your market, Kontos has the finest products for your culinary needs. This North Jersey company features a wide variety of recipes on its website including this delicious recipe for Margherita Pizza With Oven-Roasted Tomatoes.
- Oven-Roasted Tomatoes (recipe follows below)
- 1 pkg. Kontos® Plain or Multi-Grain Pizza Parlor Crust (5 crusts)
- 10 oz. mozzarella cheese - sliced
- Fresh basil leaves - cut into strips
- 1. Prepare Oven-Roasted Tomatoes (see below).
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 3. Arrange Pizza Crusts on two baking sheets. Spoon about 1/2 cup oven-roasted tomatoes on each crust. Tear mozzarella into pieces and divide among crusts.
- 4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. For a crispier crust, place pizzas directly on the oven rack.
- 5. Garnish with basil.
- 6. For each serving, place 1 warmed naan on plate. Top with 1/3 of the tomato sauce and 2 eggs. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with hot sauce. Oven-Roasted Tomatoes: Preheat oven to 325°F. Cut 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 lb. medium tomatoes in half horizontally. Remove stems. Arrange tomatoes, cut side down, on parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced; 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves and 4 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Roast 2 hours or until tomatoes are completely softened and wilted, turning tomatoes as needed. Remove from oven and cool in pan on rack. Coarsely chop tomatoes. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
This recipe can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or frozen up to 6 months.
For more than 60 years North Jersey's Kontos Foods has produced premium-quality products using the finest ingredients and time-honored methods. Click here for more recipes from Kontos.