Wegmans, a regional supermarket chain with 92 stores: 46 in New York, 17 in Pennsylvania, 7 in New Jersey, 10 in Virginia, 8 in Maryland, and 4 in Massachusetts, is opening new stores in northern New Jersey in 2017. The chain will open in Morris County, at 287 & Route 10 in Hanover Township this summer, and in Bergen County, at West Grand Avenue & Mercedes Drive in Montvale, in the fall.
What Will New Jersey Wegmans Stores Offer?
- Wegmans typically offers 50,000 to 70,000 products (in largest stores), compared to an average of just over 40,000 (according to the Food Marketing Institute) in most supermarkets
- More than 3,000 organic products throughout the store
- Stores run 75,000 to 140,000 square feet in size, with spacious aisles
- Look and feel like a European open-air market: Dazzling displays of fresh produce, artisan breads, and other baked goods hot from the oven several times a day
- Meat, fresh-caught seafood, deli products and imported cheeses, international foods, plus all the grocery, dairy, frozen, and household items usually found in a supermarket
- Market Café—offering take-out or in-store dining, with seating for 100 to upwards of 300 restaurant-quality entrees, soups, appetizers, gourmet sandwiches and side dishes
- Sushi made fresh daily, in a variety of vegetable, cooked, and raw made-to-order selections
- Old-fashioned Sub Shop offering hot and cold subs/wraps, party trays, and cookies
- The Buzz Coffee Shop with specialty coffee, tea, and breakfast sandwiches
- Organic Salad Bar, Veggie Bar, Homestyle Bar, and Asian Bar
- Pizza Shop featuring thin-crust pizza, calzones and chicken wings
- Bakery—European breads and rolls, water-boiled bagels, muffins, pies, cakes, and pastries
- Nature’s Marketplace—natural and organic foods, supplements, premium teas, and foods for special dietary needs, including gluten-free
- Pharmacy, offering free home shipping, automated refills, and even pet medications
- Housewares and seasonal merchandise—everything to entertain, prepare, serve, and celebrate food
- Floral Shop, greeting cards, and gifts
- Health and beauty care products; cosmetics; bath and body
For more information or for updates on store openings, click here..